Did you know that oral lasers can be used to restore the health of your gums?
Laser dentistry has made restoring the health and integrity of gum tissue less invasive and more precise with out potential damage to healthy surrounding tissue.
Our Santa Monica periodontist office offers laser dentistry– learn more about how it can help improve your oral health and restore your natural, beautiful smile.
Laser Dentistry: What You Need To Know
Laser dentistry reduces the need for complex surgeries while restoring a patients gum health. Lasers eliminate the need for cutting, drilling, and sutures reducing swelling and bleeding. Patients are typically able to return to their daily activities immediately after treatment. Laser therapy is comfortable and can help you manage dental anxiety.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Reduces post-treatment downtime
- Reduces chances of infection
- Promotes natural tissue regeneration
- Eliminates sutures
- Less painful
- Less bleeding
- Less sensitivity & swelling
Treating Complex Gum Conditions: Laser Dentistry
Healthy gums help to support overall oral health and bite stability. The gums play an essential role in protecting and stabilizing the teeth. Gummy, receiving or diseased gums can present both cosmetic and dental health concerns. Laser therapy offers an effective alternative to invasive gum surgeries.
- Receding Gum Lines: Receding gum lines are not just aesthetically displeasing, but present a real threat to the integrity of the smile. Receding gum lines can lead to severe tooth sensitivity, exposed roots, and even tooth loss. Laser dentistry treatment works to push the gum line down the teeth protecting the root structure and stabilizing the teeth in place.
- Gummy Smiles: Gummy smiles occur when the line is too low on the teeth. Smiles may look too gummy or unbalanced. Some patients may have a difficult time receiving specific dental restorations due to a lack of exposed tooth structure. Laser therapy can be used to shorten or push back the line for a more aesthetic and balanced appearance.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease-causing bacteria can be managed and sometimes eliminated using laser therapy. The laser is used to clean out disease-causing bacteria from the deep pockets of the gums. Less invasive than traditional gum surgery, laser therapy promotes natural healing and minimize post-treatment downtime.
Santa Monica periodontist Dr. Dall’Olmo uses laser dentistry as part of his comprehensive dental practice. Always aiming to preserve and improve the health of the gums and teeth conservatively, laser therapy offers patients a safe, effective, minimally invasive options for restoring gum health.