Laser Dentistry An Overview
Laser dentistry is changing the way dentists perform many dental procedures. Laser therapy offers a range of advantages over traditional surgeries. Less invasive, and highly effective, laser dentistry provides a more comfortable dental experience for the patient.
Periodontist Dr. Dall’Olmo’s dental practice is founded in preserving and improving the health of the gums. Gum health is imperative to maintaining the function and health of the entire smile. Gums play an active and integral role in stabilizing and protecting the teeth and overall bite.
Gums also play an important role in the aesthetics of a smile. Gummy or receding gum lines are a primary cosmetic concern of many patients. These cosmetic concerns can also develop into complex oral health concerns if left untreated resulting in tooth loss or advanced gum disease.
Laser dentistry offers a noninvasive treatment option that can both treat the effects of the periodontal disease as well restore the aesthetic balance to the smile.
Laser Dentistry: The Benefits
Laser dentistry is an effective treatment option for periodontal disease and other cosmetic dental concerns. Laser therapy offers patients a wide range of benefits:
- Reduces post-treatment downtime
- Reduces chances of infection
- Promotes natural tissue regeneration
- Eliminates sutures
- Less painful
- Less bleeding
- Less sensitivity & swelling
Eliminating the need for cutting, drilling, and sutures, laser dentistry can help patients who suffer from dental anxiety over come their fear.
... My recent gum graft surgery... 2 surgeries actually. The first was so great, I came in for another ;) jk. All jokes aside, the doctor and his staff are competent, professional, patient and accommodating. This all makes for a…Jose B.
Absolutely incredible oral surgeon. Highly recommend. I went to so many places before finally choosing this office, and had the hardest time with all the other doctors. Then I met him, and he put me and my worries at ease.…Diana P.
Dr Fabrizio D has such a great sense of humor that you forget your having a major surgery if he's your Doctor... So u end up not knowing what happens through the process of your treatment. :) He's the best…Maggie J.
Laser Dentistry What to Expect
Laser dentistry provides a comfortable treatment option with less swelling, bleeding and overall discomfort. Laser therapy can treat periodontal disease, removing harmful disease causing bacteria and promoting natural tissue regeneration.
- Receding Gum Lines: Receding gum lines are not just aesthetically displeasing, but present a real threat to the integrity of the smile. Receding gum lines can lead to severe tooth sensitivity, exposed roots, and even tooth loss. Laser dentistry treatment can move the gum line down the tooth.
- Gummy Smiles: Laser dentistry can also be used to recontour a natural gum line for patients with gummy smiles. The laser treatment can push the gum line further up the tooth restoring balance.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease can be managed using laser therapy. The laser is used to clean out disease causing bacteria from the deep pockets of the gums. Less invasive than traditional gum surgery, laser therapy promotes natural healing and minimize post treatment down time.