Should I get a dental implant?
This month the office of Dr. Fabrizio Dall’Olmo is taking a closer look at the ingenuity and design of the dental implant. You may have heard dental implants, but do you know how they work? This month we will look at why the dental implant has become the standard for missing tooth replacement and explore what makes the implant so successful.
Whether you are missing a single tooth or a full arch of teeth, dental implants can rebuild your bite and transform your smile.
Dr. Dall’Olmo offers personalized dental implants treatments from the comfort of his state-of-the-art Santa Monica, CA dentist office.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth. The whole structure is made of three parts that simulate the structure of a natural human tooth. A single dental implant can be used to replace a single missing tooth. Several implants can be placed throughout the jaw using precise planning to secure a denture to replace a full arch of missing teeth. We will break down the parts of a single implant to better understand how implants build stable, lasting bites and beautiful natural looking smiles.
- Customized Dental Restorations- The dental restoration you receive depends on the number of missing teeth you have. For a single implant, a dental crown is a custom designed to the specifications of your smile. The crown is made to look just like your natural teeth. The dental ceramic is color matched and shaped to blend cohesively with your adjacent teeth. Our Santa Monica, CA dentist office uses the highest quality dental porcelain to design natural and lifelike dental restorations.
- Precisely Fit Abutment- The abutment is a small metal piece that Dr.Dall’Olmo attaches to the dental implant once it is fully healed. The abutment is an anchor that holds the dental restoration securely in place.
- Surgically Placed Dental Implant Post- The implant itself is much like a small titanium screw. The implant works in place of the missing tooth root to stabilize the bite and helps to promote natural bone regrowth. The post fuses with the jaw bone creating a permanent bond that will prevent shifting of the bite alignment and future bone loss.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
If you are missing teeth you may consider dental implants. Dental implants provide superior support and long term stablity over any other missin tooth replacment option. Implants look great, feel comfortable, and help to promote better oral and systemic health. Benefits of dental implants include:
- Prevent jaw recession
- Promotes bone regeneration
- Restores function
- Natural looking and feeling
- Improves speech
- Protects surrounding teeth
- 95% Sucess rate!
Schedule A Free Consultation
If you are missing teeth, it is important to find a way to replace them. Replacing missing teeth improves your health, your confidence and your overall quality of life. Dr. Dall’Olmo offers FREE consultations for dental implants. Take advantage of our complimentary consultations and learn more about how dental implants can directly impact your life. To schedule a consultation, contact us at (310) 736-1051 or request an appointment online.