Laser dentistry is now used to treat a wide range of dental concerns. From gum contouring to restoring oral health and eradicating disease-causing bacteria, laser therapy is quickly becoming a preferred method of treatment.
Dr. Fabrizio Dall’Olmo is a highly skilled cosmetic and restorative dentist who offers his Santa Monica, CA patients innovative high-quality solutions for building healthy, beautiful smiles that last. Dr. Dall’Olmo uses laser therapy for gum contouring and gum disease treatment helping patients enjoy the benefits of a healthy, well-balanced gum line.
Laser therapy offers patients a range of oral health benefits.
- Reduces downtime
- Reduces risk of infection
- Promotes natural tissue regeneration and growth
- Eliminates the need for sutures
- Less painful
- Less bleeding
- Less sensitivity & swelling
The Importance of Healthy Gums
Your gum line is essential for stabilizing the alignment of your teeth, preventing tooth loss and for enjoying a balanced beautiful smile. Gums work to protect the tooth roots and stabilize teeth keeping them in alignment. When the gum line becomes compromised, teeth are more susceptible to experiencing sensitivity, shifting or even falling out.
Laser therapy can be used to treat several issues that affect the health of the gum line.
- Gum disease- laser therapy eliminates disease-causing bacteria and helps stimulate the natural healing process. Patients with advanced gum disease can often avoid the need for gum surgery with the option of laser therapy- reducing their downtime and discomfort.
- Gummy Smiles- when the gum line sits too low on the teeth it can be difficult for patients to properly clean their teeth and may make it impossible to receive the dental care they need. Laser therapy can be used to push the gum line back up revealing a beautiful, balanced smile.
- Receding Gums- a receding gum line can be caused by gum disease or may occur gradually over time. When the gum line recedes too far upwards, the tooth root may become exposed and can lead to tooth loss. Laser therapy is effective for recontouring the gum line and improving the patient’s oral health.