What Is A Receding Gum Line?
A receding gum line is visually disruptive and may leave patients feeling embarrassed by their smile. Gum recession can also leave teeth susceptible to increase sensitivity, and even lead to tooth loss. Often caused by advanced gum disease, gum recession should be addressed by an experienced periodontist. Receding gums are best treated in the earliest stages of development so that patients can avoid subsequent oral health consequences.
What Can Be Done To Treat My Receding Gum Line?
- Gum Drafting Surgery
- Gum grafting surgery is used to repair and restore the gum line to a more natural level. The balance between the tooth to gum ratio can create a more aesthetic smile while helping to protect the health and integrity of the teeth for a lasting smile.
- Using sedation dentistry, patients will be made comfortable and prepared for treatment. Gum grafting is a surgical procedure that offers long-term results. Gum grafting surgery requires the use of skin from the roof of the patient’s mouth or from a gum tissue donor. The extra gum tissue is surgically removed and then attached to the existing gum line. The tissue extends the gum line and is shaped to create a natural look.
- Gum grafting can be used to treat gum recession and can help to prevent further deterioration of your oral health. Untreated, gum recession can lead to tooth loss and even bone loss. Early diagnosis and treatment of gum disease can prevent the development of gum recession. Bi-annual dental checkups can help allow Dr. Dall’Olmo catch the early signs of gum disease, including gum recession, and provide conservative treatment measures before complex concerns develop.
What Are The Benefits Of Gum Grafting Surgery?
- Can reduce further recession and bone loss
- Can reduce tooth sensitivity
- Can improve the aesthetics of your smile
- Can improve overall comfort lever in your mouth
- Can help improve your confidence
Schedule An Appointment
If you are interested in learning more about receding gums and how gum grafting surgery can help you, you can contact our Whittier, CA dentist office today. To schedule an appointment, call (310) 736-1051 or request an appointment online.