During your lifetime, you only get one set of teeth that are intended to last you a lifetime. To achieve this, you will need to spend a lifetime properly taking care of them. We are here to help you with some helpful tips for maintaining excellent oral hygiene. We want your teeth and smile to help you give yourself and loved ones the smile you deserve and to have it last forever.
- Brushing is something that you will be hearing about your entire life and then spend your child’s lifetime telling them about how important brushing is. Especially after eating a meal, if you can remember to brush and floss after each meal, that is the first step to ensuring your teeth remain healthy for as long as you do.
- Right behind brushing, you will usually hear about flossing next. What flossing does is that it will break up any plaque or tartar that may have been missed by brushing. Flossing will do a great job to get in between teeth and other hard to reach spots.
- Mouthwash is another great tool for maintaining excellent oral hygiene. Mouthwash will not only freshen your breath but it will also wash away anything missed from brushing and flossing.
- Caring for your tongue is vital to maintaining excellent oral hygiene. Plaque and bacteria can build up on your tongue that can lead to halitosis (bad breath) but can also lead to other serious dental concerns.
- Not only is water excellent for your general health, but it is also excellent for maintaining your oral hygiene at a high level. Water will prevent your mouth from becoming dry. Dry mouth can cause several health issues including gingivitis, and halitosis which is the medical term for bad breath.
- Regular visits to our office are imperative to maintaining excellent oral hygiene. This will allow us to give you a professional cleaning every six months which is when we recommend that you come in for a visit. Also, we will be able to recognize any concerns before they become a serious issue.
Schedule An Appointment
If you or a loved one are looking for new ways or advice for keeping your oral hygiene healthy and to ensure that your smile will last you a lifetime, you can contact our Whittier, CA dentist office today. To schedule an appointment, call (310) 736-1051 or request an appointment online.